Sunday, March 6, 2011

First Entry

Assessment Item 1

          (a) define what social networking is (in your own words)

Social networking is a way of sharing information online,both professional and personal, through tools such as Facebook, YouTube, flickr etc. By sharing information through such sites, people become connected through interests shared or friends in common, building a community of like-minded people - i.e. a social network!
(b) list what social networking technologies and sites you already use (for personal, work and study purposes)
1) Facebook - used for personal, work and study purposes.
2) YouTube - used for personal purposes, sharing videos with friends and family
3) Twitter - used for personal purposes, following friends & celebrities
(c) describe what you expect to learn from completing INF506.
I expect to learn more uses for the social networking tools I currently use as well as gain awareness of other tools out there, focusing mainly on their usefulness within a library setting and I hope to be able to bring some of this knowledge to the library I work at and introduce some social networking tools there.

1 comment:

  1. Like your definition Vanessa. The subject should give you a few more tools for your social networking/social media toolkit as an information professional.

    ReplyDelete